We all know how frightening it can be starting up your own business venture. Sometimes, all we need is encouragement from those who have gone before, endured the hardships and met with success. Whether you are on the verge of launching a startup or a veteran in the business world, these quotes from successful business owners and entrepreneurs are worth reading.
- “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long University education that I never had — every day I’m learning something new.” – Richard Branson, founder and CEO of Virgin GroupSet learning goals. Invest in yourself. Keep on learning new courses whether online or taking classes. Never stop learning. Check out language-learning apps if you have decided to set up in a new country; anything is possible these days with a world of information at our fingertips!
- “Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.” – Tony Hsieh, Zappos CEOIs your vision clear? Do you know what your goals are? Set five-year and ten-year goals so that you know where you’re headed. If that’s too far away, set a goal for this year alone. Where do you see yourself headed? How do you rank financially? What have you done today to get one step closer to that goal? Ask yourself these questions before going to bed every night.
- “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” – Drew Houston, Dropbox Co-Founder and CEONew opportunities can also mean new chances to fail. Don’t let this scare you. Instead, see everything as new space and room to grow. Perhaps you’ve heard the other saying, Triumph is 99 per cent “Try” and 1 percent “Umph!”
- “Done is better than perfect.” – Sheryl Sandberg, COO of FacebookDo you wait too long because you need to get it perfect? Go ahead and start. This one requires physical movement, investment and real action. Sandberg was a pioneer in her field and continues to inspire women worldwide to go for their dreams despite discouraging situations, discomfort and even loss.
- “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.” – Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of AppleIf you face rejection or financial loss, don’t let it derail you. Keep persevering to your goal, and don’t stop until you’ve reached it. If you need to educate yourself financially, hire a coach or someone who can walk you through it.
- “One source of frustration in the workplace is the frequent mismatch between what people must do and what people can do. When what they must do exceeds their capabilities, the result is anxiety. When what they must do falls short of their capabilities, the result is boredom. But when the match is just right, the results can be glorious. This is the essence of flow.” – Daniel H. Pink, Bestselling AuthorHow do you find your flow? It could be after an hour of exercise, changing up your diet or simple meditation practices. Whatever it takes, make time for that today.
- “Ideas are easy. Implementation is hard.” – Guy Kawasaki, Alltop Co-Founder, and EntrepreneurIf you find it hard to give your vision wings and see it take flight, you may need to hire some practical people on your team who can better manage your business. Inspiration is one thing; putting it into effect is another. Look for those who are good at implementing ideas and can make it happen.
- “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t — you’re right.” – Henry Ford, Founder Ford Motor CompanyGet busy thinking, brainstorming and developing ways to see your project to fruition. Sometimes, all you need is a change in your train of thought. Remember, you are what you think! If you tend towards negative thoughts, then this is what your world will reflect. However, when your mind is focused on positive things, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the good things that can happen!
- “Any time is a good time to start a company.” – Ron Conway, Noted Startup Investor, SV AngelTake Action: Don’t wait until you’re “rich enough” to create the business of your dreams. With good planning and execution, you’re on your way to becoming a real entrepreneur.
- “Everyone has an idea, but it’s really about executing the idea and attracting other people to help you with the idea.” – Jack Dorsey, Entrepreneur and Co-Founder of TwitterRemember the Law of Attraction? Surround yourself with other entrepreneurs, visionaries and those who aren’t afraid to think outside the box. Even if you are working on different projects, their energy will be enough to inspire and feed your own fire.
Surround yourself with like-minded business owners and entrepreneurs, find out how here.